Latest News in 2020
July 9th: We have uploaded the latest blockchain survey titled "A Survey of State-of-the-Art on Blockchains: Theories, Modelings, and Tools” to arXiv. This survey is focusing on the theoretical modelings, analytical models, and evaluation tools of blockchains. [Paper]
April-2020: We are organizing a Special Issue on the new journal IEEE OJ-CS with a topic “Blockchain Intelligence: Technologies and Applications”. Welcome to submit your papers -->
10-March-2020: "When Blockchain Meets Distributed File Systems: An Overview, Challenges, and Open Issues" is finally published.[PDF]
27-Jan-2020: Our paper "Bridge the Trustworthiness Gap amongst Multiple Domains: A Practical Blockchain-based Approach" has been accepted by IEEE ICC'2020. [
17-Jan-2020: The dataset for the paper entitled “Proactive Failure Recovery for NFV in Distributed Edge Computing” has been released on the Datasets page.
12-Jan-2020: Our paper entitled "Solutions to Scalability of Blockchain: A Survey" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Access. [PDF]
About Lab Leader
- Huawei Huang earned his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The University of Aizu, Japan. His research interests include Blockchain, Edge Computing, and SDN/NFV. He has served as a research fellow of JSPS (2016-2018), a visiting scholar at Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2017-2018), and an Assistant Professor at Kyoto University, Japan (2018-2019).
- Huawei Huang is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-Sen University, China.
- HomePages: ResearchGate, Google Scholar, Peer-Review Records
- The research interests of Huang-Lab mainly include:
- Distributed Learning, & Federated Learning
- Deep Reinforcement Learning for Networking
Experience of Lab Leader
- 2019~: Associate Professor, Sun Yat-Sen University (China)
- April.2018~2019: Assistant Professor, Kyoto University (Japan)
- May.2017~March.2018: Post-doc visiting scholar, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Department of Computing (Hong Kong)
- April.2016~March.2018: JSPS Research Fellow (PostDoc), University of Aizu (Japan)
- In Sun Yat-Sen University, China, I am focusing on the topics of
- In Kyoto University, I was in charge of promoting an EUROPE-Japan joint research project supported by Horizon2020:
Fundings and Grants
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, FY2020-2022, PI
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China, FY2019-2021, PI
- Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province of China, FY2019-2022, PI
- Kyoto University Research Fund for Young Scientists (Start-up) FY 2018, JPY ¥830 thousands.
- JSPS KAKENHI (Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellows)
- Project Number: JP16J07062
- Project Period: April 2016 ~ March 2018
- Research Field: Information Network
- Research Title: “Joint Optimization of Routing and Protection for Software Defined Networking”
- Budge Amount: JPY ¥1,300 thousand
- JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists
- Detail: JSPS Research Fellowship is awarded to young researchers in Japan who demonstrate their excellent research.
- Amount: ¥4,800 thousand JPY (Apr 2016 – Mar 2018)
- Oct. 2013 ~ Mar. 2016: Japanese Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Travel-Grant for Attending International Conferences
- ¥290 thousands JPY, Telecommunications Advancement Foundation, Feb. 2015.
- ¥200 thousands JPY, NEC C&C Foundation, Oct. 2014.
- ¥52 thousands JPY, Aizu-Foundation Travel Grant, Apr. 2014.
- ¥20 thousands JPY, Aizu Industry-Academic Scholarship, Apr. 2014
- Huawei Huang, Jianru Lin, Baichuan Zheng, Zibin Zheng and Jing Bian, “When Blockchain Meets Distributed File Systems: An Overview, Challenges, and Open Issues“, IEEE Access, vol.8, no.1, pp.50574-50586, 2020. [PDF]
- Qiheng Zhou, Huawei Huang, Zibin Zheng and Jing Bian, “Solutions to Scalability of Blockchain: A Survey”, IEEE Access, vol.8, no.1, pp.16440-16455, 2020. [PDF]
- Huakun Huang, Lingjun Zhao, Huawei Huang, Song Guo, “
Machine Fault Detection for Intelligent Self-Driving Networks", IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 58 , Issue No. 1, pp. 40-46, January 2020. [
- Huakun Huang, Shuxue Ding, Lingjun Zhao, Huawei Huang, et al., “
Real-Time Fault-Detection for IIoT Facilities using GBRBM-based DNN", accepted by IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Oct. 21, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2019.2948396 [
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Kun Wang, and Yasuo Okabe, “
Coflow-like Online Data Acquisition from Low-Earth-Orbit Datacenters", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), Aug 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TMC.2019.2936202 [
- An Xie, Huawei Huang, Xiaoliang Wang, Song Guo, Zhuzhong Qian, Sanglu Lu, “Dual: Deploy Stateful Virtual Network Function Chains by Jointly Allocating Data-Control Traffic”, Computer Networks, July, 2019. [
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Kun Wang, and Albert Y. Zomaya, “
Green Data-Collection from Geo-distributed IoT Networks through Low-Earth-Orbit Satellites", IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking (TGCN) , vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 806-816, September 2019. [
- Huawei Huang, and Song Guo, “
Proactive Failure Recovery for NFV in Distributed Edge Computing", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 131-137, March 2019, DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2019.1701366. [
- Yixuan Wang, Kun Wang, Huawei Huang, Toshiaki Miyazaki, and Song Guo, “
Traffic and Computation Co-Offloading with Reinforcement Learning in Fog Computing for Industrial Applications", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII), Vol. 15, Issue No. 2, Feb. 2019.
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, “
Data-Driven Service Provisioning” [
- Jinsong Wu, Song Guo, Huawei Huang, William Liu and Yong Xiang, “Information and Communications Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals: State-of-the-Art, Needs and Perspectives”, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 2389-2406, 2018.
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Kun Wang, “Envisioned Wireless Big Data Storage for Low-Earth-Orbit Satellite based Cloud“, IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 26-31, February 2018.
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, and Kun Wang, “Online Green Data Gathering from Geo-distributed IoT Networks via LEO Satellites“, IEEE ICC2018, Kansas City, MO, May, 2018 (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Keqiu Li, Baoliu Ye and Weihua Zhuang, “Near-Optimal Routing Protection for In-Band Software-Defined Heterogeneous Networks”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 16, no. 20, pp. 7421-7432, October 2016. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Peng Li, Weifa Liang and Albert Y. Zomaya, “Cost Minimization for Rule Caching in Software Defined Networking”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1007-1016, April 2016. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Peng Li, Baoliu Ye and Ivan Stojmenovic, “Joint Optimization of Rule Placement and Traffic Engineering for QoS Provisioning in Software Defined Network”, IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 3488-3499, Dec. 2015. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Jinsong Wu and Jie Li, “Service Chaining for Hybrid Network Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1082-1094, Oct-Dec 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TCC.2017.2721401 (
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li, Song Guo, Weifa Liang and Kun Wang, “Near-Optimal Deployment of Service Chains by Exploiting Correlations between Network Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2017, In Press, DOI: 10.1109/TCC.2017.2780165 (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Jinsong Wu and Jie Li, “Green DataPath for TCAM-based Software-Defined Networks“, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 194-201, November 2016.
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li, Song Guo, and Weihua Zhuang, “Software-Defined Wireless Mesh Networks: Architecture and Traffic Orchestration”, IEEE Network, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 24-30, July-August 2015.
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li and Song Guo, “Traffic Scheduling for Deep Packet Inspection in Software Defined Networks”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley Online Library, vol. 29, no. 16, 2017. (