- Apr 23, 2021: Good News! Our paper titled “Revisiting Double-Spending Attacks on the Bitcoin Blockchain: New Findings” has been accepted by IWQoS (CCF-B) 2021 as a short paper. Congratulations to Mr. Jian Zheng (RA student), and Mr. Canlin Li (master-program student). [PDF]
- Mar 18, 2021: Good News! Our paper titled “MVCom: Scheduling Most Valuable Committees for the Large-Scale Sharded Blockchain” is accepted by the 41st IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2021)! (CCF-B) [
- Feb. 20, 2021: Prof. Huawei Huang is invited to serve as the leading operation committee member for the inaugural IEEE Symposium on Blockchain at IEEE SERVICES 2021.
- Huawei Huang (lab leader) earned his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The University of Aizu (Japan), under the supervision of Prof. Song Guo. His research interests include Blockchain, Distributed Learning, and Edge Computing. He has served as a research fellow of JSPS (2016-2018), a visiting scholar at Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2017-2018), and an Assistant Professor at Kyoto University, Japan (2018-2019).
- Huawei Huang is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-Sen University, China.
- HomePages: ResearchGate, Google Scholar
- The research interests of HuangLab mainly include:
- Distributed Computing,
- Federated Learning.
- In Sun Yat-Sen University, China, our lab is focusing on the projects of
- In Kyoto University, Prof. Huawei Huang served for promoting an EUROPE-Japan joint research project supported by Horizon2020:
Fundings and Grants
- National Key Research and Development Program of China, FY2021-2023, Co-PI
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, FY2020-2022, PI
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China, FY2019-2021, PI
- Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province of China, FY2019-2022, PI
- Kyoto University Research Fund for Young Scientists (Start-up) FY 2018, JPY ¥830K, PI
- JSPS KAKENHI (Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellows)
- Project Number: JP16J07062, PI
- Project Period: April 2016 ~ March 2018
- Research Field: Information Network
- Research Title: “Joint Optimization of Routing and Protection for Software Defined Networking”
- Budge Amount: JPY ¥1,300K
- JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists
- Detail: JSPS Research Fellowship is awarded to young researchers in Japan who demonstrate their excellent research.
- Amount: ¥4,800K JPY (Apr 2016 – Mar 2018)
- Oct. 2013 ~ Mar. 2016: Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Travel-Grant for Attending International Conferences
- ¥290K JPY, Telecomm. Advancement Foundation, Feb. 2015.
- ¥200K JPY, NEC C&C Foundation, Oct. 2014.
- ¥52K JPY, Aizu-Foundation Travel Grant, Apr. 2014.
- ¥20K JPY, Aizu Industry-Academic Scholarship, Apr. 2014
- Jian Zheng, Canlin Li, Huawei Huang, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “Revisiting Double-Spending Attacks on the Bitcoin Blockchain: New Findings“, IWQoS 2021 (CCF-B).
- Huawei Huang, Zhenyi Huang, Xiaowen Peng, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “MVCom: Scheduling Most Valuable Committees for the Large-Scale Sharded Blockchain”, ICDCS, 2021. (CCF-B, Top conference in the field of Distributed Computing) [
- Huawei Huang, Wei Kong, Sicong Zhou, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “A Survey of State-of-the-Art on Blockchains: Theories, Modelings, and Tools”, ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 54, no. 2, March 2021. (IF: 7.99). arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.03520
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Kun Wang, and Yasuo Okabe, “
Coflow-like Online Data Acquisition from Low-Earth-Orbit Datacenters", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), Volume: 19, Issue: 12, pp.2743 – 2760, Dec. 1 2020. [
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, (2020) “Smartphone Based Emergency Communication”, In: Akerkar R. (eds) Big Data in Emergency Management: Exploitation Techniques for Social and Mobile Data. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-48099-8_7
- Sizong Zhou, Huawei Huang, Wuhui Chen, Pan Zhou, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “PIRATE: A Blockchain-based Secure Framework of Distributed Machine Learning in 5G Networks“, IEEE Network, 2020. [PDF]
- Huawei Huang, Jianru Lin, Baichuan Zheng, Zibin Zheng and Jing Bian, “When Blockchain Meets Distributed File Systems: An Overview, Challenges, and Open Issues“, IEEE Access, vol.8, no.1, pp.50574-50586, 2020. [PDF]
- Qiheng Zhou, Huawei Huang, Zibin Zheng and Jing Bian, “Solutions to Scalability of Blockchain: A Survey”, IEEE Access, vol.8, no.1, pp.16440-16455, 2020. [PDF]
- Huakun Huang, Lingjun Zhao, Huawei Huang, Song Guo, “
Machine Fault Detection for Intelligent Self-Driving Networks", IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 58 , Issue No. 1, pp. 40-46, January 2020. [
- Huakun Huang, Shuxue Ding, Lingjun Zhao, Huawei Huang, et al., “
Real-Time Fault-Detection for IIoT Facilities using GBRBM-based DNN", accepted by IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Oct. 21, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2019.2948396 [
- An Xie, Huawei Huang, Xiaoliang Wang, Song Guo, Zhuzhong Qian, Sanglu Lu, “Dual: Deploy Stateful Virtual Network Function Chains by Jointly Allocating Data-Control Traffic”, Computer Networks, July, 2019. [
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Kun Wang, and Albert Y. Zomaya, “
Green Data-Collection from Geo-distributed IoT Networks through Low-Earth-Orbit Satellites", IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking (TGCN) , vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 806-816, September 2019. [
- Huawei Huang, and Song Guo, “
Proactive Failure Recovery for NFV in Distributed Edge Computing", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 131-137, March 2019. [
- Yixuan Wang, Kun Wang, Huawei Huang, Toshiaki Miyazaki, and Song Guo, “
Traffic and Computation Co-Offloading with Reinforcement Learning in Fog Computing for Industrial Applications", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII), Vol. 15, Issue No. 2, Feb. 2019.
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, “
Data-Driven Service Provisioning” [
- Jinsong Wu, Song Guo, Huawei Huang, William Liu and Yong Xiang, “Information and Communications Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals: State-of-the-Art, Needs and Perspectives”, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 2389-2406, 2018.
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Kun Wang, “Envisioned Wireless Big Data Storage for Low-Earth-Orbit Satellite based Cloud“, IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 26-31, February 2018.
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, and Kun Wang, “Online Green Data Gathering from Geo-distributed IoT Networks via LEO Satellites“, IEEE ICC2018, Kansas City, MO, May, 2018 (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Keqiu Li, Baoliu Ye and Weihua Zhuang, “Near-Optimal Routing Protection for In-Band Software-Defined Heterogeneous Networks”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 16, no. 20, pp. 7421-7432, October 2016. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Peng Li, Weifa Liang and Albert Y. Zomaya, “Cost Minimization for Rule Caching in Software Defined Networking”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1007-1016, April 2016. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Peng Li, Baoliu Ye and Ivan Stojmenovic, “Joint Optimization of Rule Placement and Traffic Engineering for QoS Provisioning in Software Defined Network”, IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 3488-3499, Dec. 2015. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Jinsong Wu and Jie Li, “Service Chaining for Hybrid Network Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1082-1094, Oct-Dec 2019. (
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li, Song Guo, Weifa Liang and Kun Wang, “Near-Optimal Deployment of Service Chains by Exploiting Correlations between Network Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2017, In Press, DOI: 10.1109/TCC.2017.2780165 (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Jinsong Wu and Jie Li, “Green DataPath for TCAM-based Software-Defined Networks“, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 194-201, November 2016.
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li, Song Guo, and Weihua Zhuang, “Software-Defined Wireless Mesh Networks: Architecture and Traffic Orchestration”, IEEE Network, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 24-30, July-August 2015.
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li and Song Guo, “Traffic Scheduling for Deep Packet Inspection in Software Defined Networks”, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley Online Library, vol. 29, no. 16, 2017. (