HuangLab is looking for self-motivated students to work with Prof. Huang at Sun Yat-Sen University. Postdoc positions are also available. Please send your CV if you are interested in joining our Lab.
- Aug 15, 2021: Prof. Huawei Huang is organizing a special issue on Intelligent Blockchain at the top-tier journal IEEE JSAC (CCF-A). Welcome to submit your high-quality papers. [CFP]
- Aug 5, 2021: What a great honor to give an invited talk titled “Scheduling Most Valuable Committees for the Large-Scale Sharded Blockchain” at BlockSys’2021.
- Aug 3, 2021: Due to the invitation from Dr. Zehui Xiong, who is an Assistant Professor at Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), today I delivered a talk titled “Blockchain Sharding and Recent Studies” at Zehui’s Blockchain Technology Course. In this talk, I first introduced the preliminaries of blockchain sharding, then presented the committee’s scheduling problem towards the sharding-based blockchain.
- Apr 23, 2021: Good News! Our paper titled “Revisiting Double-Spending Attacks on the Bitcoin Blockchain: New Findings” has been accepted by IWQoS (CCF-B) 2021 as a short paper. Congratulations to Mr. Jian Zheng (visiting student), and Mr. Canlin Li (master-program student). [PDF] [
- Mar 18, 2021: Good News! Our paper titled “MVCom: Scheduling Most Valuable Committees for the Large-Scale Sharded Blockchain” is accepted by the 41st IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2021)! [
- Feb. 20, 2021: Prof. Huawei Huang is invited to serve as the leading operation committee member for the inaugural IEEE Symposium on Blockchain at IEEE SERVICES 2021.
- Huawei Huang (lab leader) earned his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The University of Aizu (Japan), under the supervision of Prof. Song Guo. His research interests include high-performance Blockchain systems, and Distributed Machine Learning Systems. He has served a research fellow of JSPS, a visiting scholar at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and an Assistant Professor at Kyoto University, Japan.
- Huawei Huang is currently an Associate Professor with the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Sun Yat-Sen University, China.
- Academic Pages: ResearchGate, Google Scholar
- The research interests of HuangLab mainly include:
- High-Performance Blockchain (new protocols and algorithms),
- Distributed Computing,
- Distributed Machine Learning Systems, Federated Learning.
Fundings and Grants
- National Key Research and Development Program of China, FY2021-2023, Co-PI
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, FY2020-2022, PI
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China, FY2019-2021, PI
- Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province of China, FY2019-2022, PI
- Kyoto University Research Fund for Young Scientists (Start-up) FY 2018, JPY ¥830K, PI
- JSPS KAKENHI (Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Research Fellows)
- Project Number: JP16J07062, PI
- Project Period: April 2016 ~ March 2018
- Research Field: Information Network
- Research Title: “Joint Optimization of Routing and Protection for Software Defined Networking”
- Budge Amount: JPY ¥1,300K
- JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists
- Detail: JSPS Research Fellowship is awarded to young researchers in Japan who demonstrate their excellent research.
- Amount: ¥4,800K JPY (Apr 2016 – Mar 2018)
(* represents corresponding author)
- Huawei Huang, Zhenyi Huang, Xiaowen Peng, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “MVCom: Scheduling Most Valuable Committees for the Large-Scale Sharded Blockchain”, ICDCS, 2021. (Top conference in the field of Distributed Computing and Systems) [
- Jian Zheng, Canlin Li, Huawei Huang*, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “Revisiting Double-Spending Attacks on the Bitcoin Blockchain: New Findings“, IWQoS 2021 (CCF-B). [
- Huawei Huang, Wei Kong, Sicong Zhou, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “A Survey of State-of-the-Art on Blockchains: Theories, Modelings, and Tools”, ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 54, no. 2, March 2021. (IF: 7.99). arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.03520
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Kun Wang, and Yasuo Okabe, “Coflow-like Online Data Acquisition from Low-Earth-Orbit Datacenters“, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), Volume: 19, Issue: 12, pp.2743 – 2760, Dec. 1 2020. [
- Sizong Zhou, Huawei Huang*, Wuhui Chen, Pan Zhou, Zibin Zheng, Song Guo, “PIRATE: A Blockchain-based Secure Framework of Distributed Machine Learning in 5G Networks“, IEEE Network, 2020. [PDF]
- Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Kun Wang, and Albert Y. Zomaya, “Green Data-Collection from Geo-distributed IoT Networks through Low-Earth-Orbit Satellites“, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking (TGCN) , vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 806-816, September 2019. [
Prior to 2018:
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Weifa Liang, Keqiu Li, Baoliu Ye and Weihua Zhuang, “Near-Optimal Routing Protection for In-Band Software-Defined Heterogeneous Networks”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 16, no. 20, pp. 7421-7432, October 2016. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Peng Li, Weifa Liang and Albert Y. Zomaya, “Cost Minimization for Rule Caching in Software Defined Networking”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1007-1016, April 2016. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Peng Li, Baoliu Ye and Ivan Stojmenovic, “Joint Optimization of Rule Placement and Traffic Engineering for QoS Provisioning in Software Defined Network”, IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 3488-3499, Dec. 2015. (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Jinsong Wu and Jie Li, “Service Chaining for Hybrid Network Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1082-1094, Oct-Dec 2019. (
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li, Song Guo, Weifa Liang and Kun Wang, “Near-Optimal Deployment of Service Chains by Exploiting Correlations between Network Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2017, In Press, DOI: 10.1109/TCC.2017.2780165 (
-  Huawei Huang, Song Guo, Jinsong Wu and Jie Li, “Green DataPath for TCAM-based Software-Defined Networks“, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 194-201, November 2016.
-  Huawei Huang, Peng Li, Song Guo, and Weihua Zhuang, “Software-Defined Wireless Mesh Networks: Architecture and Traffic Orchestration”, IEEE Network, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 24-30, July-August 2015.